Friday, July 17, 2009

Vancouver!

I made it! It is very HOT here and no AC.

This certainly was an adventure. My plane from Chicago left an hour later than normal which meant I didn't arrive to Seattle until after midnight (2:00 a.m. CDT). Interesting people at the airport....saw a Russian man who hocked a loogie (sp?) in the garbage (I know, gross). Ugh. The people on the train to Vancouver were even more interesting. A guy played his headphones so loud that I could hear him two rows back and then he sang along! OMG! There's a German following me around....just kidding, we ended up at the same hostel and he seems very nice. (He's at the computer next to me....shhhhh! :0)

The train trip was much more interesting as I could take pictures of the beautiful scenery like the mountains and the lakes. Believe they're having a drought here as the water seems very low. I'll have to show you my pics when I return. Some of the farm land along the way reminds me of Wisconsin.

Canadians are very friendly and I'm getting used to the bus service. I made myself take a bus to the hostel even though it would have been easier to take a taxi (and more expensive). I found the train quite confusing. Will have to look into that. :0)

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting - I've never taken a train ride that had an actual destination.
    Do you have to eat your meals in a restaurant or do you have the capability to store and cook food at the hostel?
    Loved your post - keep in touch!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
United States
My adventures with my camera.

Door County, Wisconsin

Peninsula State Park, Door County, Wisconsin