Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cabrillo Lighthouse and Fort Bragg

It stopped raining long enough for me to venture out to the Cabrillo Lighthouse and Fort Bragg's Glass Beach this afternoon!

There was a half mile walk to the lighthouse, but this is what I saw along the way.



I believe the deer posed for me in that second photo!  I couldn't believe how close I got.  Way cool.

This is the lighthouse itself.

I was not able to find a path down to the shore here, but did take some wonderful photos from the bluff.





I attempted to go to Russian Gulch State Park, but the parking for the RV was atrocious, so instead I went to Fort Bragg's Glass Beach.  This beach used to be a dumping ground for Fort Bragg years ago (I found old spark plugs on the beach) and all the glass dumped there was tumbled smooth by Mother Nature herself!  Not much glass to be found these days, just tiny pieces; but I did find some shells.  Beautiful purple shells...I thought it was illegal to take these also so I didn't take any with me. 




As you can see, all I found in the tide pools were the snails.  I was disappointed, needless to say.  I did see some teeny fish and another creature that was hopping around in a tide pool.  Mostly, it smelled fishy and seaweedy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
My adventures with my camera.

Door County, Wisconsin

Peninsula State Park, Door County, Wisconsin